A place for inspiration, exploration, relaxation, and education.
Our library is home to over 22,000 items for all ages.
One of the largest synagogue libraries in North America.
- Beautiful and comfortable space to relax, decompress, study or work
- An extensive selection of children’s books (pre-school through teens)
- A wide selection of adult fiction and non-fiction books
- Videos, CDs, audio tapes, audio books and recorded lectures on Jewish topics.
- Every aspect of Judaica, including Bible, Commentaries, History, Law, Ritual, Ethics, Philosophy, Family, Holidays, Israel, Music, Art, the Holocaust, Biography, Cookbooks and Travel
- A reference area including primary sources and Judaic encyclopedias and dictionaries
- A Teacher Resource Room with a large variety of texts, teaching guides, posters and other educational and instructional materials
- A mini-museum with fascinating facts and artifacts about our congregation
- An expert librarian, WiFi and an atmosphere of lifelong learning
Visit Us Online or in Person
We are located inside Wise Center and open to the entire Cincinnati community. Note, we are not a public library. Our hours are:
- Mondays: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuesdays: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Thursdays: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Sundays during Kehillah (see calendar)
The Wise Temple Library houses this unique collection of historically significant books of Jewish content written for children and teens. It illustrates historical trends in Jewish children’s literature on subjects like immigration, the Holocaust, family life, religious teachings, acculturation and identity, Israel, anti-Semitism, the works of particular authors and illustrators and changing styles of writing and illustration for children. Learn More
Wise Temple Archives
We collect and preserve the records of our congregation’s rich history. In over 100 archival boxes, the library houses photographs, founding documents, the constitution and by-laws, committee minutes and reports, financial and membership records, program materials, bulletins, directories and interviews with Wise Temple rabbis, officers and members. Go to the online catalog to see the details of each archival box.