Book Drive for Literacy Network
October is National book month, and we are collecting new and gently used children’s books for the Literacy Network. To donate, simply drop your books off to the main office during business hours or on Sundays between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. throughout October. Visit https://www.lngc.org/ to learn more about the Literacy Network!
Coat Drive Benefitting Operation Give Back
Operation Give Back provides community outreach to students and families in the Sycamore and Princeton school districts. As part of their annual holiday store they gift coats to adults and children in need. Help warm up someone’s winter by donating a new or gently used coat to Wise Center between November 1st – 20th. Visit ogiveback.org to learn more about Operation Give Back and other ways you can help!
Holiday Toy Drive benefitting the Interfaith Hospitality Network
Help brighten the holidays for homeless families in the Interfaith Hospitality Network. Please consider donating new unwrapped toys to the lobby between December 1 – 12. Donations will be accepted weekdays between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Sundays between 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, and at the Congregational Chanukah Family Service on December 3, between 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM.
The families you meet at Wise Temple…
will be a part of your Jewish life for years to come. You’ll share many milestones together, from the excitement of the early years in religious school to B’nai Mitzvah and Confirmation celebrations. It’s never too early to build relationships with these families with whom you will share so much.
What our families say about engagement at Wise Temple:
- We feel part of a community that we can call our own.
- We connect with other parents who share our values.
- We see our children build special friendships with other Jewish kids their age.
- We learn and play alongside our children, creating lasting and meaningful Jewish memories.
- We discover Jewish traditions and feel empowered to make them our own.
- We are understood.
Some of the many opportunities
for families with children ages 4-14:
- Family Fridays: Shabbat Services & Dinners (1st Friday of Each Month)
- Holiday Celebrations
- Parent Education
- Family Retreats
- Family Social Action Projects
- Grade-Level Family Programs: During Religious School Throughout the Year
- Social Opportunities