No matter your path or passion, Sisterhood awaits you.
Sisters. Women of every age. Women who are dedicated to family, synagogue, and community.
Sisters. Women who make a difference - a difference at Wise Temple, a difference in Cincinnati, and a difference to the future of Reform Judaism.
Sisters. Women who embrace our faith, who act, who give.
There is a place for you in Sisterhood. Maybe it’s social. Maybe it’s spiritual. Maybe it’s educational. Maybe it’s social action. There is a place.
How Sisters Support Our Congregation
- Caring Corp Program to support Temple members unable to leave home.
- Shabbat Bimah Flowers.
- High Holy Day Honey Sale.
- Neighbor-2-Neighbor program.
How Sisters Support One Another
- Stimulating and educational programming, spiritual fulfillment, friendship.
- Women’s Seder.
- Local, regional, and national Sisterhood activities.
- Book Club to discuss Jewish authors and themes.
- Mah Jongg groups.
How Sisters Support Our Youth
- Funding for YoFI, Young Family Involvement group.
- Funding for Youth Group Activities.
- Funding for Madrichim program.
- Prayer books to every B’nai Mitzvah (partnership with Brotherhood).
- Holiday treats for religious school.
- Children’s Chanukah boutique.
- Contributions to GIVTY (Give to Temple Youth) Fund for religious school, camp, and extracurricular activities.
How Sisters Support Our Community
- Toiletries to Cincinnati agencies supporting women in need.
- Bedtime Bundles Holiday Mitzvah Program to benefit YWCA’s Battered Women’s Shelter.
- Luncheon and program for residents of YWCA’s Battered Women’s Shelter.
How Sisters Support Our Worldwide Community
- Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ), the Federation of Temple Sisterhoods; District 10 WRJ.
- World Union for Progressive Judaism.
- Uniongram sales to support Youth, Education, and Special Projects Funds (YES).
- Scholarships for rabbinic, cantorial, and Jewish education students through YES Fund.
- Advocacy letters to elected officials regarding URJ and WRJ positions.
Questions: 513-793-2556 or email@example.com
Sisterhood President: Cara Alpern
Find your place, try it out, suggest a program, or ask a question.