Civic Engagement: The Death Penalty in Ohio
Join RAC-OH and our diverse coalition in our statewide campaign to end the death penalty in Ohio!
There is currently an exciting bipartisan legislative effort underway to abolish the death penalty in Ohio. Abolishment of the death penalty is critical for our racial justice work – in Ohio people of color make up only 15% of the population but 56% of all death row inmates. Help us change laws and change lives.
Join us for VIRTUAL LOBBY WEEK October 19-22 with our partners, Ohioans to Stop Executions
- Our coalition’s week of action kicks off on October 19th with an informational session – there will be speakers and learning in the morning followed by lobby visits with your State House and Senate representatives throughout the week.
- Registration will get you a scheduled meeting with your reps and also grant you access to a virtual training session on October 12th, a training recording, and a t-shirt delivered to your home.
- We understand that you are busy! Please join as your schedule allows. Even if you can only pop in for one session, your presence will make a huge impact.
- Speaker roles will be available for those who feel comfortable, but it’s also very impactful to just show up on the Zoom.
- Register here: https://nodeathpenaltyoh.com/lobby-day-2021/