MADRICHIM ARE TEACHING ASSISTANTS.
But it’s more than that.
So much more.
These teens are transformed into role models and leaders whose young students look up to them. Confidence, pride, meaning and a renewed passion for learning–that’s what this program creates for our teens. Think teenagers can’t be motivated, passionate, engaging? Think again.
Wise Temple has one of the largest Madrichim programs in the country with nearly 100 high schoolers who:
- Prepare lessons on the value of the month and model those values in the classroom
- Lead small group discussions and tutor kids in Hebrew
- Introduce exciting games to review classroom material
- Provide a safe and loving environment for every student
- Make it “cool” to be Jewish
- Bring a sense of ruach (spirit) to the classroom, youth events, and retreats
JET (JEWISH EDUCATORS-IN-TRAINING) PROGRAM
JET is an in-depth training course for all Freshman madrichim, providing everything teens need to be successful in this important role through an innovative combination of training and hands-on experience. Madrichim learn how to lead small groups, facilitate games, communicate with students, aid in classroom management, write lesson plans and incorporate Jewish topics. In the classroom, madrichim implement what they’ve learned with the support of a supervising teacher and at least one older, experienced madrich/a.
Questions? Contact Rhys Ivan, Director of Youth Engagement, 513.793.2556.