A small group designed for deep conversations
This year-long endeavor is a combination of a living room learning, a traditional salon, and an Israeli cultural experience!
Once a month on Thursdays, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
In recent years, complex issues in the political arena of Israel and its governments have caused some people to feel ambivalence or to disengage in their relationship to Israel. However, our bonds to Israel are much deeper than any political issue. Our lives as Jews throughout the world have been significantly transformed by cultural influences within Israel.
The founding of the Modern State of Israel has included several meaningful ideas. From “the new Jew” to the “gathering of diverse Jews” to “a literary haven” to “a start-up nation,” great leaders have contributed much rich content to the development of our homeland and to all of Jewish life.
The Israel Salon will include an accessible conversation led by our rabbis each session, book-ended by the Israeli culture of tea/coffee and music offered by Lior Zoref, Israeli musician and educator.
Questions? Contact Alex Burte, Membership/Program Manager, 513.793.2556.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Theodore Herzl and Zionism
- Thursday, November 21, 2019
- The New Jew
- Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Kibbutz Gayulot / The Gathering of Diverse People
- Thursday, January 23, 2020
- Achad HaAm and Cultural Zionism
- Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Shai Agnon and Literary Israel
- Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Ben Gurion and Making the Desert Bloom