Together and Apart: the Future of Jewish Peoplehood
Through video lectures, interviews, and textual sources, this course addresses the complex features of Jewish peoplehood and the contemporary challenges to the Jewish people in an era in which we have moved from having no home to having two different, vibrant, homes in Israel and in North America.
- In person classes are currently suspended.
- Please register using the red registration buttons. You will be emailed Zoom link information within 24 hours of registering.
The following Mondays | 5:15 – 6:30 PM
- November 9 – From No Home to Two Homes
- December 14 – Judaism of Beginning
- January 11 – Judaism of Becoming
- February 8 – On Universalism and Particularism
- March 8 – Between Nationalism, Ultra-Nationalism, and Fascism
- April 12 – Moral Implications of Jewish Nationalism
- May 10 – Israel’s Nation-State Law: Ramifications for a Jewish and Democratic State