WiseUP Social Action Volunteer Projects
We have a sacred obligation to repair the world. When we do this, we bring meaning to our lives and to the lives of others.
Together, we go out into the community with faith that our service will bring peace and comfort, and maybe a miracle or two for those in need (and perhaps for ourselves.)
No matter your passions, your skills, or your location, we have projects that are right for you.
Upcoming Projects (Click here to RSVP):
|Project||Date||Start Time||End Time|
OTR Soup Kitchen
|Sunday 6/3/18||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|The Giving Fields||Saturday 7/21/18||11:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|OTR Soup Kitchen||Sunday 8/5/18||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
The Giving Fields
- The Giving Fields, Freestore Foodbank’s community farm provides farm-to-table produce to northern Kentucky food pantries, soup kitchens, and other agencies that provide emergency food, ensuring hungry neighbors have farm-to-table access to fresh, nutritious foods. The Giving Fields depends on over 2,000 volunteers each season to plant, water, weed, and harvest the ten acres of crops. Great social action for families.
- Play Library connects communities and families through play by lending toys and games instead of books. On-site volunteer options include restocking games, sorting toys, cleaning toys, and playing with visitors. Ages 16 and up.
- La Soupe rescues otherwise wasted produce to create delicious meals for food-insecure families. In 2016, it saved 125,000 pounds of food from going into a landfill and donated over 95,000 servings to people in need. Join members of your congregational family at Wise Center in helping prepare meals for the nonprofit to distribute locally. Age 16+
Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank
- Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank partners with local social service agencies to provide diapers to low-income families. At our recent Torah dedication and street fair, we packed up 25,000 diapers for Sweet Cheeks—which filled just a portion of their orders for a month. Help put orders together, unpack and organize shipments, and count inventory. Age 12+
Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Be one of 50 Wise Temple volunteers needed to help families going through transitional homelessness.
- Learn more
Crayons to Computers
- A free store for teachers in schools with high poverty rates. Help sort and stock donated supplies that help teachers teach and students learn in these difficult environments.
Shelter House (formerly Drop Inn Center)
- Prepare and serve a special holiday lunch to approximately 200 guests at Cincinnati’s largest homeless shelter. Ages 12+, 10 volunteers needed.
- Be a link in the fight to end hunger in greater Cincinnati. Receive, sort, and pack donated food. Ages 12+.
OTR Soup Kitchen
- Help prepare, cook and serve a meal to the guests of the Cincinnati Over-The-Rhine neighborhood. Ages 12+, 8-10 volunteers needed. Come out with your Jewish community to serve your greater community!
Lighthouse Youth Services (Brotherhood sponsored)
- Be a role model for teenage boys at this community center. Due to Lighthouse restrictions, ages 18+ only. Prepare and share dinner, play games, be a listener.
Matthew 25 Ministries
- Sort, count, and package donated goods for shipment to various parts of the world when a disaster occurs.
Mental Health America of Northern Kentucky
- Wrap the toys that are passed out to children, as well as the coats, blankets and personal care items given to everyone. Ages 12+, great family opportunity!
- Feel the power of being one of over 400 community volunteers and help serve a free Christmas lunch to about 2,000 people in Northern Kentucky. Ages 18+, 18 volunteers needed.
St. Francis Seraph Soup Kitchen
- Prepare and serve a holiday meal to hundreds in need. Age 10+
YWCA Battered Women’s Shelter Day of Beauty (Sisterhood sponsored)
- Provide food, a motivational speaker, and pampering for the residents.
Scroll To Top
Questions? Alex Burte, Membership/Program Director, 513-793-2556 or email@example.com