WiseUP Social Action Volunteer Projects
We have a sacred obligation to repair the world. When we do this, we bring meaning to our lives and to the lives of others.
Together, we go out into the community with faith that our service will bring peace and comfort, and maybe a miracle or two for those in need (and perhaps for ourselves).
Click below to register for one or several WiseUp projects:
- quickly register family and guests
Wise Family Shelter (Partner of Interfaith Hospitality Network)
- Be one of 50 Wise Temple volunteers needed to help families going through temporary homelessness.
- Upcoming Hosting Dates:
- June 2 - 9
- July 28 - August 4
- September 1 - 8
- Learn more and register
The Giving Fields
- The Giving Fields, Freestore Foodbank’s community farm provides farm-to-table produce to northern Kentucky food pantries, soup kitchens, and other providers of emergency food, ensuring hungry neighbors have access to fresh, nutritious foods. The Giving Fields depends on over 2,000 volunteers each season to plant, water, weed, and harvest the ten acres of crops. Great social action for families.
Dress for Success
- Dress for Success provides services and resources to nearly 1,800 women each year who are working to secure a job and achieve self-sufficiency. Dress for Success Cincinnati is the only source for ongoing job retention and advancement support and coaching available to a woman for the entirety of her working life.
- La Soupe rescues otherwise wasted produce to create delicious meals for food-insecure families. In 2016, it saved 125,000 pounds of food from going into a landfill and donated over 95,000 servings to people in need. Join members of your congregational family at Wise Center in helping prepare meals for the nonprofit to distribute locally. Age 16+
Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank
- Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank partners with local social service agencies to provide diapers to low-income families. At our recent Torah dedication and street fair, we packed up 25,000 diapers for Sweet Cheeks—which filled just a portion of their orders for a month. Help put orders together, unpack and organize shipments, and count inventory. Age 12+
United Pet Fund
- Help our furry, four-legged friends in need. Meet animals and their rescuers. United Pet Fund supplies animal shelters, rescue operations, and individuals with vital resources of food, bedding, leashes, etc. for dogs, cats, and some wild animal rescues. Hand out donated items on distribution day. A great experience for adults and kids age 5+.
Crayons to Computers
- A free store for teachers in schools with high poverty rates. Help sort and stock donated supplies that help teachers teach and students learn in these difficult environments.
Shelter House (formerly Drop Inn Center)
- Prepare and serve a special holiday lunch to approximately 200 guests at Cincinnati’s largest homeless shelter. Ages 12+, 10 volunteers needed.
- Be a link in the fight to end hunger in greater Cincinnati. Receive, sort, and pack donated food. Ages 12+.
Queen City Kitchen
- Help prepare, cook and serve a meal to the guests of the Cincinnati Over-The-Rhine neighborhood. Ages 12+, 8-10 volunteers needed. Come out with your Jewish community to serve your greater community!
Lighthouse Youth Services (Brotherhood sponsored)
- Be a role model for teenage boys at this community center. Due to Lighthouse restrictions, ages 18+ only. Prepare and share dinner, play games, be a listener.
Matthew 25 Ministries
- Sort, count, and package donated goods for shipment to various parts of the world when a disaster occurs.
Sunday Morning Club Soup Kitchen
- Feel the power of being one of over 400 community volunteers and help serve a free Christmas lunch to about 2,000 people in Northern Kentucky. Ages 14+
St. Francis Seraph Soup Kitchen
- Prepare and serve a holiday meal to hundreds in need. Age 10+
Scroll To Top
- Wise Family Shelter (IHN)
- June 2, 2019
Help families experiencing temporary homelessness. Volunteer for one of many jobs needed to run the Wise Family Shelter.
- Talbert House Father's Day
- June 16, 2019
Each year Talbert House hosts this free event for Dad's and families.
- Queen City Kitchen
- July 7, 2019
Help prepare, cook and serve a meal to the guests of the Cincinnati Over-The-Rhine neighborhood.
- The Giving Fields
- July 27, 2019
The Giving Fields depends on over 2,000 volunteers each season to plant, water, weed, and harvest the ten acres of crops.
- Wise Family Shelter (Partner of IHN)
- July 28, 2019
Volunteer for one of many jobs required for making Wise Family Shelter guests feel welcome.
Questions? Alex Burte, Membership/Program Manager, 513-793-2556 or email@example.com